A Trip to the Pumpkin Patch + Warm Weather Fall Style Tips

This past weekend, I checked one item of the Basic Fall Buck-List. That's right, folks; we went to the pumpkin patch.


As you can see, I was really excited to be there. I was also really excited to be sporting my brand-spanking-new fall booties for the occasion.


Plus a scarf! Quintessential pumpkin-patch outfit, amirite? The only thing that's a tad off is the dress... who wears a short dress to the pumpkin patch?


Well, considering it was about 80 degrees in San Diego this weekend, I did. But I think it's a happy medium that I may adopt more often for these balmy San Diego fall days-- you can still wear your boots, your flannels, heck-- even your blanket scarves! You just have to be wearing basically nothing else. And a dress works just fine for that.

Mike in his daily outfit, seasons be damned: a t-shirt and board-shorts.

Ramblings and extremely non-candid attempted "fashion photos" aside, I'm interested to hear some of your tricks for being able to wear "fall" clothes in non-fall temperatures. What's your go-to outfit?

PS: In case you want a closer look at the booties I'm wearing above, you can check them out on the DSW site here:



*Linking up with Biana for Weekending.*

Labels: , ,