Grateful Heart - What Are You Thankful For Today?


Happy Monday, friends! I hope you all had wonderful weekends. For me, this past weekend was a great one. I went into it with the goal of doing "absolutely nothing," and was fairly successful! It was relaxing, yet productive, and I got to do a lot of free thinking that so often gets neglected during busy weeks and times of stress.

One of the things I was most excited about this past weekend was finally getting to crack open my new journal.


Super cute, right? I bought it with the goal to use it as a place to create daily lists of what I am thankful for, as well as random inspiration and blog ideas (gotta groom that creative side!)

So on Sunday, I dove in. I sat down with my morning cup-o-joe, my pumpkin waffle with peanut butter (thanks Trader Joe's!), and asked myself: What are you thankful for today?

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been on a bit of a "faith journey." Mike and I started a new bible study group at mass (together, for the first time), and I've really been trying to immerse myself in the elements that I feel help me to be good Christian and improve my relationship with God: mindfulness, gratitude, grace and prayer. So in the spirit of sharing that journey and holding myself accountable to positive change, here's an example of one of my "what I'm thankful for today" lists, from Sunday:


With November fast approaching, and with it, Thanksgiving and the inevitable holiday rush, the idea of "thankfulness" is sure to become more prominent in the coming weeks. But my goal is to reflect on what I'm thankful for daily, and not just because it's Thanksgiving, but because I am blessed.

Speaking of "blessed," I was recently introduced to "Blessed is She," a daily email subscription for women of faith. I've only been subscribed for a few days, but I already love it, and highly recommend you check it out

As the priest said in mass yesterday, "we can always, always grow in love." We can always improve and grow, and I'm on a mission to grow my faith and my gratitude through daily reflection.

So, what are you thankful for today?

*Linking up with Emily @ Ember Grey for Grateful Heart Monday.

Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

Labels: , ,