3 Words to Use to Sound Smarter This Week - Volume 1


Have you ever noticed that the language of the people you surround yourself with, or the language of the books you are reading tends to seep into your daily conversation? I heard once that you are an average of the five people you spend the most time with; that same logic can be applied to the your language.

For that reason, I've decided to start this series. An exemplary word can take a sentence, a book title, a blog post from good to great, so why not broaden you vocabulary with some new introductions? Basically, my hope is to saving you from getting having to buy one of those "word of the day" calendars that sits on your desk and prompts you with a new word to use that day (not that that doesn't sound totally awesome...).

So, with that goal in mind here's three words to use to sound smarter this week.

1. "errant"

This one popped out of my mouth on our recent trip to Big Bear. As in, "Mike, there might be an errant snotty tissue in your shorts pocket... sorry." (I had a cold that weekend...) But I decided I liked it and I'm going to try to incorporate it into my vocabulary more frequently.

2. "articulate"

We can thank my recent foray into Pilates for this word. As in, "breathe in and roll up to standing, articulating through your spine." Definitely a better way to say "express" or even "say," right?

3. "sanguine"

Tiffany introduced this one while I was catching up on her blog last week. "Sanguine" meaning optimistic, positive, cheerful. Speaking of which, she's had some tough times lately, so head over to Endliss Bliss and send her some love!

Language is a powerful thing, people! Let's elevate ours together.

Labels: ,