Things to Look Forward To: August Edition


Andddd it's August. What the heck? It's crazy to think that August is basically considered the last month of summer, and I feel like summer just started! Although technically living in San Diego... nevermind. July was a whirlwind, and I'm 26 now, which is cool, but August is shaping up to be another wonderful month! Here are some of the upcoming events I'm looking forward to this month.

1. Pageant of the Masters

Remember that scene in Arrested Development where George Senior and Buster participate in a live-action reenactment of The Creation of Adam from the Sistine Chapel Ceiling?

Yup, this one.

Turns out that's a real event, people! The Festival of Arts Pageant of the Masters takes place every summer up in Laguna Beach, California, and, as it turns out, Mike's parents are super into it! We'll be heading up to Laguna next week to check out the spectacle, so stay tuned there.

2. Polo Match at Del Mar

Thanks to a random Living Social deal I happened upon, Mike and I will be attending our first (or maybe just my first...) polo match up in Del Mar at the San Diego Polo Club this month! If you're not familiar with Polo... well, neither am I, so we'll see what happens. All I know is that I'm going to wear a dress, perhaps a hat, and drink as many mint juleps as possible. And Mike is stoked because he'll get to be around his FAVORITE animal - horses! (Jokes, jokes... Mike weirdly has a very negative relationship with horses. "Tenuous at best" is his exact descriptor).

3. Caroline's Miami Bachelorette Party!

August is a banner month since I will be attending my first ever bachelorette weekend, whilst celebrating one of the last weekends of single-dom of one of my very best friends. And we are headed to...

Image via galoremag.com

The city where the players play, y'all! I'm so excited to party with my best girlfriends (as you can see, we're pretty good at it)...

Partying it up for New Years 2015, the last time I saw most of these girls


Throwing it back to Freshman year dorm days with the bride-to-be at Penn State

Also we rode Shamu together once...


... but that's neither here nor there. The point is, my friends and I manage to have a ridiculous amount of fun when we're together and I can't wait to bring our talents to South Beach! We're just not going to talk about the humidity that happens in Miami in August right now, mmkay? 

What are some of the things you're looking forward to in August?