Weekly Link Roundup - July 17


Have you ever had one of those weeks where you were perfectly content, everything going just swimmingly.... and then BOOM, life decides to smack you upside the head with some reality? I don't want to get too much into details, but this past week entailed a lot of professional highs and lows for this girl. However, now that I've some time to distance myself from the turmoil and do some reflection, it really all comes down to the fact that we need to remember everything happens for a reason. I'm thankful for what I have and confident in my future, wherever it may take me. In my reflection of this week, another quote kept rising to the top of my thoughts that I'd like to share with you lovely readers. Fellow "Princess Diaries" devotees may be familiar with this one:

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

-Eleanor Roosevelt

And with that, I hope you all have inspired, wonderful Fridays. Here's some of my favorite links from the past week to kick it off!

1. I've been stuggling with this one for years: how to nail "smart casual" (chroniclesofher.blogspot.com)

2. Meeting lots of new people? Here's how to make a killer first impression before you even open your mouth (themuse.com)

3. Heading to a summer barbeque? Megan and Sara have shared the perfect broccoli salad recipe for you to bring (astylishstar.com)

4. Speaking of self-reflection, loved this post by Taylor this week on how we sometimes makes life so much harder than it needs to be (thedailytay.com)

5. Because it's just something you should know: how to put together the perfect cheese plate (mysocaldlife.com)

6. Want to feel more positive? Learn how to give genuine compliments (You look fabulous today, by the way!) (happify.com)

Chins up, readers-- we made it to Friday. Have a great weekend!

Labels: ,