Weekend Recap: Welcome Back

Hi blog world! I am here and reporting back for my first weekend recap in a while. You'll have to excuse my absence: between visiting home last week and having Mike back in San Diego the past few days, it's been quite a whirlwind lately!

To kick things off, Mike's parent's through a Welcome Back Open House party at their lovely and recently remodeled home in Del Mar. Mike's mom got catering from Waters (delicious) and had the house squeaky-clean and shining for a parade of 55-60 guests. As you can imagine, it was quite the event.

Hot air balloons above Del Mar, pretty standard for a spring/summer evening.

After a long day, Mike and I promptly went home and were in bed probably by 9:30 (so cool, we know). But we used it to our advantage and woke up super early on Sunday. We headed to Fig Tree Cafe, one of the breakfast gems of PB, for brunch.

...#NSFW

From there, we churched it up, tandem-kayaked on the bay (typical Sunday afternoon stuff...), and headed back up to Mike's place to celebrate Father's Day with his dad. Although I was lucky enough to get to spend some quality time with my dad and family last week, these family-focused holidays are always especially tough for being far from home. Of course, the nostalgia only fueled my social media Father's Day posting...

Me and Papa G in Vallejo, CA, circa 1990

Overall, this weekend prompted a lot of gratitude for me: for Mike being home, for being raised by such a wonderful father, for getting to spend time with my family, among many other things. For once I can say I'm heading into a new week fully refreshed and centered (a true rarity), and I hope you are fortunate enough to feel the same way! How was your weekend?

Labels: