Palm Springs Recap - Day 1

Hi friends! Today's "weekend recap" post is coming to you a bit later than usual (and in a slightly different format), since I'm still recovering from our mini-vacay this past weekend. That being said, I'm stoked to now provide you with (what I'm sure is) the recap you've been waiting on the edge of your seat for all day!



This past weekend, Mike and I drove to the desert for our first ever Palm Springs trip, and man...What a weekend! In just 48 hours, we managed to cram in all three elements of the perfect vacation: relaxation, adventuring, and of course... letting loose. How did we do it? I'm going to share our trip with you in three separate posts to recap our three "days" there (mostly because I took wayyyy too many pictures to fit everything into one post). So, without further ado...

Day 1 in Palm Springs

Mike has been on leave since he got back to San Diego a couple weeks ago, but since I still had to work on Friday, we ended up departing for the desert around 4 pm on Friday. Just in time to hit some serious rush hour traffic (woo). Basically anytime you have to drive in and/or around L.A. during peak rush hour times... you're in big trouble. All in all, it really only stretched our ~2 hour trip into 3 hours, and we arrived in Palm Springs around 7 pm. Our first stop was our beautiful hotel, the Triada Palm Springs, which I absolutely LOVED.

The Triada is a boutique hotel located about a quarter-mile from the "strip" of Palm Springs. It's relatively new (opened in the fall of 2014), and the facilities are just spectacular, as was the service.
We relaxed for a bit and then got all gussied up for dinner (I just wanted to use that expression...), which Mike confidently made reservations for upon our arrival, citing that it was one of the "best steak places in Southern California." (He wasn't wrong, for the record). With that, we ventured out for a short walk to the Chop House Palm Springs. By the time we got there, we were even more parched than when we departed... although Palm Springs is known for its "dry heat," it turns out we picked a particularly humid weekend for our trip; lucky us! So naturally, I ordered a sangria as soon as we sat down. Don't worry guys, I ended up ordering a glass of both the white AND the red varieties, and can confirm that they're both equally delicious.
My attempt at an "artsy food shot" of our Ahi tuna stack appetizer

 Lobster bisque, also delish

 My entree: the scallops special with mushroom risotto and sauteed spinach

Mike's entree: ...steak

I wish I had more to tell you about "Night 1," but it promptly ended immediately after dinner, as Mike and I ended up stuffing ourselves to the brim with all this delicious food (not pictured: bread basket, dranks, crab cake appetizer and Caesar salad). We rolled out of there and back to the hotel to rest up for the big day we had planned for Saturday. Stay tuned for the Day 2 recap, coming to you on Wednesday!

I'm feeling so grateful for this past weekend and more, so I'm linking up with Emily for Grateful Heart today.
Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey

What are you feeling thankful for? Hope you all had a fab Monday!

Labels: ,