Your Favorite Piece of Jewelry and Why

This post was inspired by Amanda over at Meet at the Barre; I loved it so much I decided to share my own favorite piece of jewelry and why. 

Last Valentine's Day (and our first one together!), Mike gave me something really special.

For those of you who don't know, as part of his time in the service, Mike has previously deployed overseas (before we met and starting dating, thank goodness). During one of his tours, he purchased a handful of fine stones from a gem dealer who would come on base as part of a small bazaar every couple of weeks. Although he originally brought them back for his mom (a notorious jewelry connoisseur and lover of all things sparkly), last Valentine's Day he decided to give one of them--a beautiful light aquamarine stone-- to me. With the help of his mom, we took it to her jeweler and got the stone set in a necklace, and to this day, it is my favorite piece of jewelry I've ever owned.


As you can see, I wear this necklace a lot. From the day I first got it from the jeweler, to the top of the Space Needle in Seattle, to most recently when I was home for Easter Sunday, it seems to make its way into all my outfits. I wish I had a true close-up of it, but even then, the photo wouldn't do it justice. And more than being beautiful (and sparkly!), it's meaningful: it is a constant reminder not only of how loved I am, but of the sacrifices and service that Mike has made for our country.

What's your favorite piece of jewelry and why?

Labels: