The Easiest Fish Recipe - Garlic Panko Crusted Fish

Even though Lent is over, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels I could stand to incorporate a little more fish into my diet... The more omega-3s the better, right? Apparently, just eating fish once or twice a week is enough to reap the health benefits. That's why I wanted to share this super easy (and surprisingly delicious!) fish recipe that my Dad made on Good Friday when I was home this past weekend. 

All you need are the following ingredients:

-Fillets of your fish of choice 
-"Essence of Emeril" seasoning (Emeril is my dad's JAM)
-3-4 garlic cloves, minced
-Olive oil
-Thyme
-Panko breadcrumbs

First, preheat the oven to broil. From here (and after you assemble that damn Essence mix), the work is pretty easy. If frozen, thaw the fillets, then "dry" rub with the Essence of Emeril before laying on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Next, coat each fillet with olive oil, garlic, breadcrumbs, and thyme on each side. The fillets should look something like this:

Before...

Now, broil the fillets for about five minutes on each side, watching carefully so the breadcrumbs don't burn. Ten minutes later, these little guys are ready for serving!

And after! Crispy, golden, delicious fish goodness.

My mom chose to supplement her fish with tartar sauce, but you really don't need any additional sauce with this recipe; the garlic and seasoning gives it more that enough flavor.

Even the most fickle fish eaters can get behind this recipe (case in point, my brother Nick, a notorious fish-hater). It's easy to make, and very adjustable; on Friday, my Dad used "swai," a more inexpensive variety of fish that has been becoming pretty popular, but I plan to try this recipe with tilapia next, and I'm pretty sure it would work great paired with any type of fish.

Do you have any other easy fish recipes (the operative word being easy)? Please share in the comments!

Labels: