I want to introduce my recent brunch go-to recipe: egg breakfast muffins! Adapted from a recipe I originally found on laurenconrad.com, these little guys are great for so many reasons:
1. They're an easy single-serving, self-portioned brunch recipe
2. You can make them with any and every type of ingredient
3. They can be frozen and portioned out for easy breakfast meal-planning
4. And oh yeah... they're healthy!
I recently made the above breakfast muffins for the bridal shower brunch I attended last weekend, and they were a huge hit (the heart-shaped ones were particularly well-received). Here's what you need to do to make them.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. Select your ingredients. For the above recipe I used:
-1 pound of chicken sausage
-1/2 red pepper
-1/2 green pepper
-1 cup broccoli
-1 cup cheddar cheese
Oh so healthy.
3. Beat together 12 eggs, and add salt and pepper to taste. I also whipped in some skim milk to up the fluff-factor for my muffins.
4. Stir ingredients into the egg mixture evenly, then spoon mixture into muffin tray. The muffins will rise quite a bit, so make sure you only fill each cup 1/2 - 3/4 of the way.
5. Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes, or until you can insert and remove a toothpick cleanly.
This specific recipe and ratio of ingredients will give you 24 muffins, but like I said, the recipe is super flexible! You can add other veggies (spinach, tomatoes, carrots), different cheese (Parmesan, mozzarella, Swiss), whatever you want! The results will always end up the same: delicious!