Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Mac and Cheese

Looking for some healthy-ish comfort food at the end of a long week that doesn't require a crock pot or at least three hours to make? Look no further, my friend. I give you:


This recipe only requires about 20 minutes of work and ten ingredients (give or take). 

Ingredients
1-1/4 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
1 chicken breast
garlic powder
onion powder
salt & pepper
2 Tablespoons flour
1-1/2 cups 2% milk, divided
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chevre (goat cheese), crumbled


Find the full recipe here.



Now where is the beautiful "After" picture, where the cheese is bubbling and the surface is golden-brown? It doesn't exist... because I burned the HELL out of this the first time I made it (I still ate it, obviously). Which leads me to my next point... if you're not familiar with "broiling," err on the side of cautiousness when cooking your delicious dish. Rule of thumb... 12 minutes? Probably too long.

Sidenote: This dish definitely tastes best when it's first made. I parceled it out over a few days, and it was fine, just not as good as fresh-out-of-the-oven. Consider half-ing the recipe for a small portion.

**Kudos to Iowa Girl Eats for her stockpile of delicious recipes. This one is no exception! 



Labels: , , ,